Newbe from Manitoba Canadady

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cold Canadian, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Cold Canadian

Cold Canadian Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Manitoba Canada
    Just joined and love the site already ! Actually found it on Google when I was looking for information on Stradle legs on chickens .Found a lot of info as well as pictures that were really helpful .Just started to gather a flock of heritage chickens this year and am focusing on dark brown egg layers .........Marans , Welsummers , Barnvelders etc. We live in the country on five acres and together with my wife and eight year old son enjoy the country life and all the freedom that it gives us .Looking forward to meeting more people with the same addictions as mine .Drop me a line , would love to meet you [​IMG]

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Hi there and [​IMG]

Hope you enjoy being a member on the site and make contact with a few others from around your area.

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] & [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from PA. You will learn a lot here and the people are so nice and helpful. I hope you enjoy your chickens as much as I enjoy mine. I love the dark brown egg layers even tho I don't have any yet but I will someday. Good luck and keep in touch.

5. ArieBLB

ArieBLB Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    Goirle, The Netherlands
    Hello Eric,

Welkom to this Forum. I am not well in the english language but i will try.
    Maybe I can find some good breeders in the Netherlands of the Barnevelders. Are you breeding Larg Fowl or Bantams?
    Do you have some pictures of your animals? I like to see some if you have them.

I am breeder of the American Type Buff Leghorn Bantams that are comming from the strain of Burt Gaude. I have them from Richard L. Stauder and he had them from Danne J. Honour.

I was the lucky man when the eggs arrived in the Netherlands. Now it isn't possible to import and export eggs to the USA.
    The American Type Buff Leghorn Bantams are very rare in Europe so I hope I can hold them for many years.
    In that time I hope that I can find some people that will do this yob with me.

Arie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by