Newbee from Kansas City

druckel

In the Brooder
Feb 7, 2023
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Second time to have chickens, first time was in New Orleans so we now have to learn to deal with winters.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have 11 chicks

(3) What breeds do you have?
An assortment of brown egg layers

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
We love animals, we love how social chickens are and we love eggs!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I have a custom metal shop, hunting, fishing, outdoors, camping.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
It is my wife and I at home. I have 2 grown kids, their spouses and 5 grandkids. We have a 12 pound schnauzer who loves and protects our chicks. I am a field service engineer for an X-Ray company and have my own custom metal fabrication shop.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Known about BYC for a while. Thought I had joined a while back but I guess I had not. There is a wealth of information here and I want to grow by it.

The new brooder!

Attachments

• IMG_5076.jpg
    IMG_5076.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5093.jpg
    IMG_5093.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 1
Welcome to the coop! I use the Forums and Articles tabs at the top of the page to do research. You can get lost for hours. It's nice to know you are minutes away from getting help with questions and emergencies! I always check in the "What's New" section as well at the top of this page. This way I can read how I may have a similar question or help give some advice.

Back
Top Bottom