NEWBEE

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by rosesgirls, Jan 17, 2012.

1. rosesgirls

rosesgirls New Egg

Jan 11, 2012
    Hello all
    I live in Mansfield Massachusetts; I am new to BYC but not chickens. I had them when my children were younger, stopped for a few years because we lost so many to predators and decided this year when I was layed off to begin raising again. I call them my girls; pamper them and enjoy having them. My husband turned the kids old tree fort into a great barn for my girls and enclosed a large area for them to roam including top so no hawks! I am back to work so they only get to roam when I am home over weekend so I can watch for those pesty hawks while they roam the entire yard.

2. TaylorHobbyFarms

TaylorHobbyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    Welcome to BYC and so glad to hear you are raising chickens again. [​IMG] I have found that raising chickens can be therapeutic.

3. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Good to have you! Sounds like your girls have a great set up!! I have been wading my way through predator problems as well, I hear putting a turkey in with the girls is a great hawk defense I even read a BYCers post about one of her turkeys aggressively challenging a hawk while defending their hens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by