newbie and her flock

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ItsKendall, Aug 26, 2016.

1. ItsKendall

ItsKendall New Egg

Aug 26, 2016
    California
    My Coop
    hello everyone! my name is Kendall and I'm new to BYC. I've been raising chickens and ducks for about 6 years. I thought I should introduce myself and my birds to everyone on here.

my coop name is cluckingham palace and I currently have 5 chickens and 3 ducks.

my 3 ducks are Otis, Taz and Pebbles. Otis is my 5 month old male mallard whom I've hatched and raised. Taz, who is also a mallard, was born on July 9 2015 and is my prized possession. and Pebbles was also born July 9 of last year and she is a buff duck.

my 5 chickens are Rue, Halsey, Addy, Abella and Maggie. Rue is my oldest hen, and was my first. she is a black silkie hen who is gonna turn 6 on October 19th. Halsey is my speckled Sussex hen who I hatched July 9th of last year as well as my ducks and my old English hen Addy. Abella and Maggie were born on the same day as Otis, my mallard. abella is a Mille Fluer Belgian bearded d'uccle and Maggie is my Easer Egger.

I show poultry at the state fair every year and it's a dream of mine to hopefully someday become a poultry veterinarian!!

Edited by staff.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2016
  2. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

You will love it here. Go to your state thread and see who's who, and just how close some are to you. Have fun here!

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Kendall, and :welcome. Happy you joined our community! Love your poultry names. Best of luck to you! :)

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Happy to meet you Kendall, We really need more poultry vets.

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Kendall and welcome aboard - great that you have joined us.

Best wishes
    CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by