Newbie Chicken Lady here

nocluckinclue

Hatching
May 5, 2015
Lake Hughes, CA
Hi there, and thank you for the add.
I am a brand new chicken owner and as my user name suggests, I really have "Nocluckinclue" what I am doing or what I am in for, so thankfully, there are sites like this one, that can help me and my little feathered friends through, in times of needs.
To begin with, I don't even know what type of chickens I have, and I know it's early days and they are probably too young to be identified, but to know what breed they are would be helpful in catering to their future needs.

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC. I'm new to raising chickens as well. The brown striped chick looks like a Speckled Sussex as I have one, 8 days old. I could be wrong, of course. Not sure about the others though. I found a lot of help right here in the BYC Learning Center. The tab for that section of BYC is at the top of every page. You can also check for photos in the 'Breeds' tab as well. Hope that's a bit helpful. Good luck to you.

I am a brand new chicken owner and as my user name suggests, I really have "Nocluckinclue" what I am doing or what I am in for, so thankfully, there are sites like this one, that can help me and my little feathered friends through, in times of needs.
To begin with, I don't even know what type of chickens I have, and I know it's early days and they are probably too young to be identified, but to know what breed they are would be helpful in catering to their future needs.

To begin with, I don't even know what type of chickens I have, and I know it's early days and they are probably too young to be identified, but to know what breed they are would be helpful in catering to their future

I am a brand new chicken mom in the same boat. I have 6 new baby's and have only figured out one of them is a Buff Silkie. I had to go threw a lot of pics to figure it out the other 5 are still a mistery

Back
Top Bottom