Newbie Chicken Owner

Cori64ca

Chirping
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes, April 13, 2019

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 12 laying hens

(3) What breeds do you have? not sure, but they are white

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Having fresh eggs daily.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?I am a full time homemaker and my husband is the bread winner so when done my daily chores I do a lot of arts and crafts this keeps me busy. I do Beading, Staining plaques my husband makes for antlers, Glass Etching, Wood Engraving, Picture Transfer, Embroidery and Patch work blankets also just started gardening last spring so this is my second year. Flower beds also into my second year. And now raising laying hens. I also build bird houses like actual little houses framed, rafters then sheet it add a perch and paint them.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Married, I have 3 children and he has 1, so 3 boys 1 girl all full grown and living on their own. But they visited almost every weekend. we live on an acerage where there are a lot of quading trails all around us and we usually try to go out on weekends. We have one cat, her name is Babygurl she will be 4 years old in September orange in colour, is an indoor cat, loves to travel and only goes outside on a harness and leash and is very spoiled. I am a full time homemaker, cook, dishwasher, laundry lady, gardener, maintenance woman, baker, dog sitter etc.....love every minute of it.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I happened across BYC looking for information on making my own laying mash at home and have found out several things I didn't know about and eager to learn more. I have known about BYC since today.

Last edited:
41218AB6-CE7C-4DCA-A762-C38AC05668B5.gif
Welcome to BYC!​

Back
Top Bottom