Newbie Chicken OwnerLooking

Julie T

In the Brooder
Apr 9, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Well, I am a total beginner when it comes to chicken keeping. I have had my six Warrens for a week now, and have fallen in love already!
Although they were not ex-battery hens, they had been kept in a shed for the winter with no outside access, so are all looking a bit worse for wear. They love their new home, which at the moment is a pen approximately 8x10 meters. After a couple of stressful (and highly amusing to any observers) nights of having to run around catching them at dusk they now all take themselves to bed.
We have had to separate one of them into her own coop/run inside the main one as she has a limp, causing the others to turn on her. Does anyone have any advice as to when we should let her back in with the others? Should we wait for her leg to completely heal? (She is improving each day but still limping slightly)
Looking forward to reading all the threads.
Julie

Hi Julie and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Once she is completely healed you may wish to read through the articles on re-integration (use the search function).

More generally, here are some links to key resources:

Best wishes

Pork Pie

E785C711-43D4-4631-B007-FDC0F6B8EF92.jpeg
Welcome to BYC!​

Back
Top Bottom