1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Newbie from Arkansas!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by campbell5, Mar 9, 2015.

1. campbell5

campbell5 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2015
    Arkansas
    Hello, all! My name is Sallie and my young family of five is quickly growing with our ever fun brood of chickens and ducks. This is an adventure that only started a year ago and I've been lurking the site for a few months, searching for tips, tricks, and advice on these lovely birds.

Our little farm currently has 30 chickens - ranging from Barred Rocks, Red Sex Links, Rhode Island Reds, Gray Silkies, White Laced Cornishes, Buff Orpingtons, Millie Fluer D'Uccles, a single Australorp, a "silkie" that looks more like a Sultan, and an adorably ugly Millie Naked Neck.

We've also recently added ducks - a Pinkie, two Rouens, a Mallard, and two Khaki Campbells.

It's been quite fun so far and the kids (three human ones!) are really enjoying watching the birds grow and play! I look forward to sharing stories, pictures, advice, and of course, humorous tales of the chaos!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  2. ChickyChickens

ChickyChickens Chickening Around

May 24, 2014
    BYC? Epic <3
    My Coop
    [​IMG]Welocme to BYC!!! It is an aweosme forum (the BEST in the world) and has a great comminity!!! Hope you have a great time and learn A LOT!

1 person likes this.
  3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

1 person likes this.
  4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! You have a lovely mixed flock there with all those chickens and now ducks. It's lovely to hear your children are enjoying them too. It's great raising them with the children's help. There is a great section you could post your chicken stories in, here is the link
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/39/pictures-amp-stories-of-my-chickens

Be sure to ask any questions you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly. Enjoy BYC :frow

1 person likes this.
  5. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Hello [​IMG]and Welcome to BYC![​IMG]

Glad to have you join! Everyone has given you great advice! Oh and feel free to make yourself at home!

1 person likes this.
  6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Sallie [​IMG] glad you joined the Backyard chickens flock

1 person likes this.
  7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Sallie. Glad you decided join to our flock. What part of Arkansas are you in? I was born in Hot Springs, AR, and still love that area. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

1 person likes this.
  8. campbell5

campbell5 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2015
    Arkansas
    [​IMG]

What a welcoming bunch you all are!!

We live near the Little Rock area. We moved from Illinois a little over four years ago and have been in love with the place ever since.

Shortly after we got settled, my husband became fascinated with the idea of a self sustaining household and the life of Mr. & Mrs. Farmer began. Of course, I made things impossible when I started naming all of them and they made it even more difficult when they adopted him as Rooster Man.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  9. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I've visited Little Rock quite a few times. Sometimes my grandparents would take me from Hot Springs to the zoo in Little Rock. :eek:) Good luck with your flock.

1 person likes this.
  10. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by