Newbie from Cape Breton, NS Canada!

jillmburke

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 21, 2011
Hi all!

I found this place when doing a little research on chicken farming. I have never owned birds of any kind, but am very interested in purchasing some chickens soon! I figured this would be a good place to do some learning!

frow.gif
Hi

Thanks for welcoming me
smile.png

Being new to chicken keeping, I have loads of questions.

Being new to these forums, I don't know where to ask them!

Any advice on the best place to ask all you experts about your chicken keeping techniques?

frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
from Ontario Canada

the learning center is a good place to start with your reading about getting started. Coop design page is great to get an idea of what you want to build for your soon to be flock. Anyhting you want to know you can search under the search field and I am sure tons of topics will come up that you can browse through.

In the index page you will see different areas where you can ask you questions, such as raising, feeding and managing your flock, predator issues etc...if you click on those links there are so many posts you can peruse through to get some answers too.

BYC is a pretty good forum filled with very friendly, knowledge filled and experienced people. Even if you think it might be a dumb question by all means ask away after all that is what the forum is for.

Have you decided what breed of chickens you will get? or if you will be getting them for eggs or meat or both?

I have 21 Rhode Island reds, I like them a lot, they are cold hardy and lay well. But I am venturing this spring into getting some barred rocks, and some more dual purpose birds for meat too.

anyhow welcome to the site.

Ema

Back
Top Bottom