Newbie from ct.

Ryan2016

Chirping
Dec 20, 2015
Connecticut
Hello, i just purchased 10 baby rir chicks which i will receive in april. I have a coop already. I have watched many youtube movies on how to raise them from chicks. It seems easy enough but what are the thing i need to know is which isnt stated in those movies. Thanks for your help

Hi Ryan and welcome to BYC! I am sure there will be lots to learn - if keeping chickens was is site would likely not exist - we'd all use one reference book
1f604.png
. Rather than try to pre-empt issues that may not have been covered in the sources you have consulted - I would simply encourage you to ask questions here on BYC - we all try to help each other here so there's no need to be shy.

Cheers

Ct

Hi Ryan, nice to meet you. Welcome to Backyard chickens. Have you visited the Learning Center? It is the best place to begin a chicken education.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on your impending chicks :frow I'm sure you will enjoy them very much, it's lots of fun and very rewarding too. As drumstick said the learning centre is a great place. Lots of articles on all aspects of keeping your birds happy, safe and healthy. ~https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

Its nice today so im doing some work in the coop to get it ready for april. I have a question about the roosting bars. I have some left over 1" x 1" x 8' sqare pieces of wood left over from when my deck was built, are those to narrow? I have some 3' 2x3's laying around also. I really dont want to go out and by more lumber but i will if i have to.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom