Newbie from frederick maryland

chickenfajita

Hatching
9 Years
Sep 24, 2010
Greetings, I am the father of a teenage girl who has been raising chickekns for a little over a year now. If anyone has children, I am sure that they would agree that once your child gets a hobby, you then become involved in that hobby, like it or not. So, you may have guessed it already, I am involved. I find raising chickens to be interesting and beneficial. As an avid gardener, I enjoy the compostable materials the chickens supply as well as the eggs. But I do have one problem, I have three young roosters that I need to find homes for. Any suggestions?
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
from SoMD! Although the chicken hobby is mine, not my kids', I know what you mean about it being addictive...

And you probably don't want to know what I do w/my extra roos
smile.png

Hello
welcome-byc.gif

I'm new here myself and yup chickens sure are addictive. I'm glad you are enjoying your daughters hobby.. chickens can be a lot of fun. There are a couple of things you can do if you have extra cockerels or roosters. I have a freezer full of chicken
hide.gif
but if you don't feel comfortable doing that because they were/are considered "pets" you can always try to sell them or find them a new home on craigslist. That usually works pretty well from what I've heard. I hope it all works out for you
smile.png
good luck finding them a new home!

Welcome from Colorado!

Another thought on finding someone to take your extra roos is to find your state thread on here and post them there. Who knows? You might have a fellow BYCer within a few miles who would happily take them off your hands!

Back
Top Bottom