Newbie From Massachusetts

Mitzzie

In the Brooder
Apr 28, 2015
Hi
frow.gif

My name is Jennifer and I live in Massachusetts with my Husbands, 3 children, 1 chocolate lab, 1 chocolate labradoodle, 1 rabbit and 9 chickens. We just started our chicken collections in March
big_smile.png
. We have 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Black Sexlinks, 2 Golden Sexlinks, 1 Golden Lace Wyandotte, 1 Silver Lace Wyandotte and 1 Adorable Speckled Sussex who we now believe is a Rooster.
We said we were not going to keep him but we are getting so attached to the little fella. He is my favorite so I am really worried about the heartbreak if we have to send him away. Fingers crossed he won't be too difficult when he grows up.
Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. Already have learned lots from reading on here and it can become very addicting this chicken collecting I am starting to sense.
Jen

Welcome to BYC, Jen. Glad you decided to join our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. You have some great breeds. Black Sex Links are my favorites as they are friendly and hardy, egg laying machines. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds), and they have been my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 eggs per hen per year. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Nice to meet you Jennifer, and welcome to the Backyard chickens flock
frow.gif
Hope your boy grow up with nice manners so you are able to keep him. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom