Newbie from Missouri!

melchicks

Hatching
Aug 13, 2015
SW Missouri
Hi All! I am super excited to start this new adventure of raising chickens. I have found a ton of very useful information on this site and finally decided on what coop I wanted to build. I hope to have the coop built (with the husband's help and expertise) in the next month or so and then start buying a few chickens! My goal is to free range all day and of course pin up in the coop at night. I am a little nervous starting this late in the year but hopefully I can have a few chickens by Fall. Wish me luck!
frow.gif

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Good luck with your chicken goals, project and overall adventure! Feel free to ask any questions. We are happy to help.

You may want to buy older birds, "started pullets," or " laying hens," so you get some eggs faster. They also don't need as much care as chicks do (with heat requirements, etc. etc.)

Glad you joined us at Backyard Chickens.

Welcome to BYC!

You might find it somewhat difficult to find chickens this late in the year (most people get them in the spring) but you can check with other members on your state thread, maybe they can give you some leads:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/73271/calling-any-one-from-missouri

Good luck to you, if you have questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for joining us!

Welcome to BYC!

You might find it somewhat difficult to find chickens this late in the year (most people get them in the spring) but you can check with other members on your state thread, maybe they can give you some leads:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/73271/calling-any-one-from-missouri

Good luck to you, if you have questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for joining us!

I have been watching Craigslist and have joined a couple poultry groups on Facebook. It seems people around my area have chickens for sale all the time. If they are all gone in the next month I guess I will wait until spring.

Back
Top Bottom