Newbie from Northern Virginia

The reason I asked if you were going to rehome him is because you live in the suburbs. The very first thing I would do is find out if roosters are allowed where you are. If they are not, the only humane solution would be to give him a proper home where he can crow his little head off.
If they are allowed, five girls will not be enough for him. You would want to get about five more. That means twice the coop and run size.
I was shooting for keeping him and not adding hens. The adding hens is probably not an option. I will find out if it's legal to keep him. A neighbor boy mentioned that his farmer friend wanted a rooster; I'll make sure I get that option open. I'm going to try and attach pictures; ones I just took now and they're not the best. I don't know how it will attach. It looks like
picture 1: Fatty (Orp) and Big Red (RIB)
picture 2: Skinny (orp) and Coach (cochin)
picture 3: Baby (cochin) and Screams (RIB)

Attachments

• IMG_0381.jpg
    IMG_0381.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0383.jpg
    IMG_0383.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0385.jpg
    IMG_0385.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 3
When we moved out of Chicago over 50 years ago, I was able to have a show/breeding kennel of dogs because the village (Here) had NO dog laws. There was a hearing my parents attended and several people spoke up that they also had dog kennels. Though they wouldn't say how many dogs and just what area they lived in.

Then the state decided to have kennel inspectors. We had a very flakey woman show up who obviously knew nothing about dogs or kennels. If I recall correctly she said we had to pay $ 25. for a kennel license. We paid, they never provided any kind of license and she stopped coming around :confused::idunno.

Just bringing this up because often the powers that be had no idea what they are doing/ policing(?) Eventually stopped breeding dogs because the vet bills reached $500- for rabies shots, DHL shots, tonsilectomies etc. Had to sell a champion to pay the vet. Afterwards sold all the young stock and kept the four oldies so they could live out their lives comfortably.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom