Cajoledn2it

Chirping
8 Years
May 24, 2015
Pleasanton, California
My Coop
My Coop
Hi everyone.
I have been lurking for past 8 weeks and finally joined today. This site has been so helpful and I appreciate all the support and advice that everyone shares. I currently have five 3 1/2 week old chicks: Spreckled Sussex, Black Sex Link, Silver Cochin, White Brahma and Buff Brahma. See my avatar photo of them at 1 week. I bought they from Concord Feed stores. Checking daily for pasty butt, correct temperature, clean water ( elevating it was the best advice! ) etc and my little girls are thriving very well. I love watching them develop their pecking order as it seems to change every day! As I consider them as pets, I hold them several times a day and they are relaxed around me.

Tomorrow I am setting up their coop in my yard and working on a run in the next few weeks. Then will wait for them to be ready to be moved from the brooder to the complete coop and enclosed run.

Best regards!
Irene

Here is Peaches, my Buff Brahma.

Oh MY, Peaches is a living doll. Are the others as well feathered out as her? I'm guessing in California, they could take short play trips outside even now., with strict supervision. Would love to see how the others look at this age. You picked some nice breeds. I know you will enjoy them. Welcome to the BYC flock.

Welcome to BYC, Irene. Glad you decided join our flock. You have a wonderful mix of breeds. Black Sex Links (though technically hybrids and not a breed) are my favorites as they are friendly and hardy, egg laying machines. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds and hybrids), and they have been my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 eggs per hen per year. You should get loads of large, brown eggs from that girl. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your coop and run built.

Hi Irene, welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

You have a nice mixed flock and Peaches is a pretty girl. If you would like to connect with other members in CA, you can find them using this link:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread

It's nice to have you here, thanks for sharing a photo!

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you decided to join us.

Peaches is a great name for such a lovely chick.

Sounds like you have done your homework and are doing a great job of tending your new flock.

Good luck with all, have fun.

welcome-byc.gif
Welcome to BYC Irene!!
welcome-byc.gif

I'm glad you joined the flock!!
wee.gif

Many adventures await you and your flock. If you have any questions, feel free to ask around!!
big_smile.png

D.gif
jumpy.gif
-Turkenstein25
jumpy.gif
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom