Newbie from Texas

My Urban Chicks

Hatching
9 Years
Aug 5, 2010
Forney, TX
Hi everyone! We finished our Garden Coop Friday evening and picked up our three Cochin girls (Dixie, Lily and Tula) Saturday morning. By Sunday evening our family was blessed with more girls, we hope.....2 Silkies, 1 Frizzle, 2 Polish, 1 Barred Rock and 1 Showgirl. The Cochin girls are 2 years old and two of them will be shown at the State Fair this year by our children who are in 4-H. One Silkie (Sophie) is 4 months old and is "Momma's Baby". In just four days she is spoiled already! The others are baby chicks ranging from 1 week old to 6 weeks old and sooo cute!
Can't wait to have "chicken friends"! Most of my friends think I'm crazy.

HI! NO! You're not crazy! Not unless the rest of us are too...
duc.gif
This is the coolest chicken forum!
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
from NH. Yeah, we've all been accused of being a little nuts over our chickens.

Hi and welcome to BYC...i know how you feel about friends thinking you are crazy. We chicken folk can go on and on about our chickens and things that happen everyday in our chickens lives! When i first wanted chickens, all i wanted was about 5 or 6...well that has blossomed into 14 now. So we are all here for each other on BYC and we might be a lil crazy but thats ok!

welcome-byc.gif

Hi there! Chickens are great!!!! I'm in forney as well. Where did you get your chickens from? I'm looking for cochins.

Back
Top Bottom