Newbie from the Sooner State

SoonerFan918

Hatching
Dec 11, 2015
Eastern Oklahoma
First, I would like to thank BYC and all the users. This has been the best website / forum for all of my research...lots of thoughts and ideas.

My mother-in-law has had chickens for several years now and I have always enjoyed them when I came to visit. Now that I'm retired (well at least from my first career) and have settled down from the transition. I want to try my hand at raising chickens. I have just started building my first coop. Quite an undertaking, but so far you have been my inspiration and guide. My first set of chicks will arrive in may...so excited.

I look forward to being apart of the BYC family and I'm sure I'll have more questions than answers
big_smile.png

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I'm sure you are going to enjoy your new chicken adventures. Keeping them is very rewarding and lots of fun too. Do you have breed/s in mind? The learning centre is a great place for lots of info on getting started. Here is the link ~https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Good luck with your coop and new chicks when they arrive. Be sure to ask any questions that you may have. Everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC :frow

I think I already welcomed you on another thread, but hello again!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom