Newbie here! Hello from the UK

Romeo Flahoy

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 25, 2011
Norfolk, UK
Hi,
I've only recently adopted 3 ex-battery hens (a month ago) and I'm still finding my feet. My girls have grown in confidence and are enjoying there new life. They live in a large enclosed secure run to protect against foxes etc... I've read much literature on keeping chickens and think im doing ok but would like the benefit if the wisdom of experienced chicken keepers. I worry that I'm not doing something I should be and want reassurance and advice on how to do the best for my wonderful girls. Look forward to chatting with you all and picking your brains.

15498_welcome.jpg

You came to the right place.

Imp

frow.gif
Romeo and
welcome-byc.gif
from Alaska! Just ask question in the appropriate forum section and I'm sure your questions will be answered. Just 3 hens huh? I think you need to visit that neighbor again, get another dozen!

Hi,
Thanks for your warm welcome. I have chronic fatigue syndrome/ME which leaves me with major mental and physical exhaustion and pain in my muscles and joints (I won't bore u all with it now). I got three chickens as a project to help get out of bed and something to focus on, as I lost my job as a lecturer at a college due to my relapse and worsening symptoms. My confidence and self esteem plummeted and I've found the company of my three girls very rewarding and therapeutic and it has certainly helped my mental health. I built their run myself with some help and tend to the girls myself. I had to limit to 3 hens due to my limited energy and not to over whelm myself. Also I didn't want to cram the girls into their new home. This way I have got to know them individually and know their separate personalities. In the future I would like more but I'm not up to building a new larger run/coop at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom