Newbie here just starting the process!

BacktoBasics13

Chirping
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
Hi All!

I have always wanted to raise and care for chickens and now that my husband and I have moved to a bigger house with a bit more yard, it's now on the list! Just starting the research process and making progress. Look forward to talking with everyone. I know I will have plenty of questions! Advice and experience always appreciated!

Francesca

Hi :welcome Francesca

Glad you could join the flock! That's great news that you now have room to start keeping chickens. It's a great hobby and very rewarding. Lots of fun too. The learning centre is a great place to start for lots of super articles on getting your chicken adventures started. Here is the link if you have not already stopped by ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Wishing you the very best of luck in the future. Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Definitely stop by our learning center as Yorkshire Coop has suggested. Lots of good articles on all the aspects of keeping poultry.

If you still have any specific questions, feel free to ask around our forums.

Good luck in this new adventure and welcome to our flock!

Hi welcome to BYC I haven't been here long but it feels like home. There are so many wonderful people here. I'm beginning to think this is the best online reference for poultry anywhere. :)

Welcome to BYC, Francesca. Glad you decided to join our flock. X3 on Yourshire coop and TwoCrows; if you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center. There is loads of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your flock.

Hi Francesca,
welcome-byc.gif

Yep, the Learning Center is a great place to start! It's full of all sorts of topics relating to poultry care. Another place I found some helpful information when selecting our flock was this chart that compares traits of breeds:
http://www.sagehenfarmlodi.com/chooks/chooks.html

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There are a lot of friendly, helpful members here.

Nice to have you join us!

Back
Top Bottom