Newbie here!

termeerchick

Songster
Sep 2, 2019
California
Hello!!!

My name is Jessica and I am a newish chicken owner. I’ve had my chickens for about 6-7 months now. It all started when my family and I moved out to my father in laws property. I asked him (Bob my father in law) if we could eventually get a few baby chickens knowing it would be good for my two daughters, Brylee(9) and Breah(3). Well two days later Bob came home with 16 chickens. The man that he got them from said he was giving them away because he was getting too old to care for them and said they were about 3 years old. My husband, Jesse, went straight to work to make them a coop and we have loved them ever since. There has been quite a bit of ups and downs since then. Where do I start? About a month ago the renter that was living on the property moved. He had 15 chickens (2 roosters and 13 hens) and one of the hens just had 3 new babies. He ended up giving them to us because he couldn’t take them to his new house. So now we have 2 groups of chickens. My original group and now his group. The groups are both still separate but now we leave the gate open that was originally keeping them separated. Both groups are free range. The mommy hen ended up laying and hatching her eggs in his storage shed. When he was moving he had to get them out of there So I ended up bringing them onto my deck and front yard. So now I guess technically I have 3 groups lol.

A little about my family and I. We live in California. My husbands name is Jesse and he is 36. We have two daughters, Brylee that is 9 and Breah that is 3. I am 32. My husband does commercial flooring and we own Central Coast Floors. I am a stay at home mother and take care of the business. Jesse and I have been married since 2012 but have been together for 14 years. We have been in love since the day we met. We all love animals but until we moved out to this property we have never had a house that was big enough for animals or one that had allowed them. We absolutely love everything about our chickens. We have had to learn everything about them on our own. So that means I’ve had to research everything that I know. Lol which isn’t much and I’m still learning something new everyday. That’s where I found this site. Backyardchickens has answered so many of my questions and has been so helpful. Today I finally signed up and I am so happy that I did. Everyone seems to be so nice and willing to help each other out and give advice.

I am so happy to have been able to become apart of this little chicken/animal family. I have so many questions and look forward to learning more about my chickens. I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little bit about my family and my chickens.

Welcome, Jessica! And Happy Labor Day.
hhhgff.gif

Back
Top Bottom