Newbie here

Smlking

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 1, 2011
Hi, this is my first time here.
I started May 5 with 3 5day old chicks. Raised in my garage, put in my backyard last week. They were doing great till last night. 2 were missing without a trace. I'm really bummed out. I'm praying that when I get home they will be there.
Last evening I was checking on them and all 3 flew up and stood on my shoulders, that was cool.

welcome-byc.gif

Did you lock them up at night? Did they have cover to hide from attack from above during the day? Were they protected from ground assault? Quite the mystery. If you end up with only 1 you need to run to the feed store and get a baby to keep it company or something. Just 1 alone won't be happy.

Hello!
frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from South Carolina! This is a great place to meet people and learn about keeping chickens. I started with 5 and in less than a year I have 21, and we just had 8 chicks hatch this week! I LOVE chicken math! I have been having so much fun I even started a chicken blog!
Everyone here LOVES pictures, and remember there are no dumb questions! I look forward to hearing more about your flock as it grows!

Thanks all,
I walked my fence and found the feathers. Maybe a fox? I can't lock them up at night because I go away for a few days at a time.
I'll get another pullet or two and hope they survive.

Back
Top Bottom