Newbie Here

alaskanchoctaw

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 11, 2013
Just joined....i have 1 crazy duck and 11 chickens, it has been a great learning curve this summer but i have my first hen laying eggs this week :). Currently in Arkansas where we are stationed from Alaska. Alaska is home so by the time we can get back i will have this chicken thing down :) My husband was soo great he built a large coop and was actually ok with me painting it PINK!!!! Yep that is right i got away with a PINK coop :) he is sooo wonderful. Looking forward to making my chicks and duck the happiest ones around they are SPOILD for sure :)

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

I can't spell sorry in advance I have mostly americanas and 3 Rhode Island reds and in nov getting 2 delewares right now my RIR are the only ones laying guessing the others will lay in a month

That will be fun!

Also, I *think* that the Delawares lay a lighter brown egg than RIR, which will make it easy to tell who is laying what.

This is the first year that I have ever had white egg layers, and I LOVE having the contrast with the brown. I don't know why I never did it before.

The Ameracaunas are so pretty! But then, I also really like the RIR.

what am I saying, I LOVE THEM ALL!

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us! Hey, pink's a nice colour!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom