Newbie in MT!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Princess Lay-a, May 17, 2010.

1. Princess Lay-a

Princess Lay-a Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    Great Falls
    Howdy to all! [​IMG]

I'm Kathy and my hubby is Jerome. We have our two youngest still at home Gabe,10 and Raffi turning 6 this month. We are building out on our 20 acres in Craig, MT. We now live in Great Falls and hope to make the move by this Fall.
    We have llamas, sheep, a goat, dogs, cats, fish, rabbit, bird and a hedgehog...I think that's everyone![​IMG] LOL!
    We use to have chickens many years ago and now we are going to be able to once again enjoy some fine feathered friends! We will be getting a surprise bag of chickens, a friend is sending us some over around the 22nd of May. So we are in the process of getting a smaller coop together to start out with, then build a more permanent coop that will endure the MT winters we get. More than anything we are wanting our chickens as pets and layers. I don't know how the kids would feel about eating a friend! [​IMG]
    Going off grid and learning to be self sustaining is new to us. But we are an adventurous family! Glad to be here! [​IMG]

2. james81

james81 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Woodland,MS
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Mississippi

3. Congratuations on going off-grid!! If hubby and I were younger thats what we would be doing....[​IMG] from Southeast Missouri!

4. BarredBuff

BarredBuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    [​IMG]

5. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio.

6. Lolita

Lolita Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    [​IMG]

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hey there Kathy and Jerome! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you both join us here! [​IMG]

8. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    [​IMG]
    To the BYC from South Africa!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by