Newbie in NC

Quote:
Wow. That's great. 18 acres is perfect. We use to live in the Chapel Hill area. I've also lived in Morrisville, Holly Springs, Southern Pines, etc. I've been all over NC and now live in CO. I love the aridity here much better than the humidity in NC. Couldn't stand it. My mother owns two house in NC still so I get to visit often. Great that you are now on the forum. Welcome and I look forward to seeing your questions and seeing all the answers. That's the most fun thing about BYC, I think, plus all the amazing photos that people post and get of their set-ups and chickens. Post some photos of your tractors. They would be great to see. Talk to you later. Angela (dsquawker)

Hi Angela,

I love CO! For the views and the arid weather. Sigh. Have to make do with where you're planted, right? :) We're in H'boro; just left CH. Love it here, too, so all is well.

My tractors ARE amazing. I'll see if I can figure how to post pics. We bought 1 off Craigslist, and then I copied it with spare lumber that was just here in the barn. It's crooked as can be, but it works!

Thanks for the kind welcome!

Quote:
H'boro is a great place to have chickens. We use to live right around Lake Jordan and went into Pittsboro often for our shopping. We love using spare lumber and wires and nails, etc. That's how we put our coop together. We have a rental and there was an old door that we recycled and put to good use too. As my husband always says, "we're not building a piano." Crooked does the trick as long as what you build is functional and it sounds like your tractor is. We bough an small A-frame tractor off from craigslist too and the design was awesome. The guy who built it works as a floor layer and he used some scrap flooring for inside the nesting area. Its crazy. Nice to meet you.

Howdy from Kansas, QChickiemama and
welcome-byc.gif
. Happy to have you aboard! Enjoy your leghorns and other assorted chickens and have fun on BYC!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom