Newbie in Virginia

Hello,
I am starting out with 5 Golden Buff chicks and I'm sure I will have many questions in the coming weeks. They are happy in their brooder and now I need to figure out a coop for them. I look forward to learning from all of you about caring for our chicken friends.
Hi and welcome! I hope you enjoy your little buff chickies!

Hello,
I am starting out with 5 Golden Buff chicks and I'm sure I will have many questions in the coming weeks. They are happy in their brooder and now I need to figure out a coop for them. I look forward to learning from all of you about caring for our chicken friends.
I am in a similar situation. I am getting 6 Golden Buff chicks in July and we just starting to build coop/run now. Were your chicks mailed or did you pick them up? Any advice for a fellow newbie? Thanks - Tish (TriMamaLlama)

I am in a similar situation. I am getting 6 Golden Buff chicks in July and we just starting to build coop/run now. Were your chicks mailed or did you pick them up? Any advice for a fellow newbie? Thanks - Tish (TriMamaLlama)

I picked them up. So far, it's been pretty straightforward. I feel a bit bad because I didn't know I was supposed to show them how to drink their water and I didn't do that when I first put them in the brooder. They were fine all afternoon and through the night, though! Little sweeties, already putting up with my Newbie ways.

Back
Top Bottom