Newbie Intro

CPrince-FNP

In the Brooder
Aug 17, 2019
Chattanooga, TN, USA
I am new to raising chickens. I bought my first chickens on April 1st of this year.

I bought 9 pullets from TSC - 2 black sexlinks, 2 California Whites, 2 Golden Comets, and 3 mystery breeds. When I got home and opened my box, I ended up with only 1 California White and 4 mystery breeds. All were, in fact hens (TSC states sexing is 90% true).

My husband and I both had chickens when we were children and had very fond memories of the experiences we had, so we decided that we would raise chickens for eggs.

We also have horses and dogs, and live in a very wooded area, so we figured the chickens could also help with the big population.

I did a web search a while back when I was researching breeds and came across the Backyard Chickens website. I found myself coming back to the website more and more when I had questions about anything chicken related, but I couldn’t ask specific questions or reply to anyone because I wasn’t a member. So, I finally signed up today I think this site is an excellent resource for ideas and information/education!

I am new to raising chickens. I bought my first chickens on April 1st of this year.

I bought 9 pullets from TSC - 2 black sexlinks, 2 California Whites, 2 Golden Comets, and 3 mystery breeds. When I got home and opened my box, I ended up with only 1 California White and 4 mystery breeds. All were, in fact hens (TSC states sexing is 90% true).

My husband and I both had chickens when we were children and had very fond memories of the experiences we had, so we decided that we would raise chickens for eggs.

We also have horses and dogs, and live in a very wooded area, so we figured the chickens could also help with the big population.

I did a web search a while back when I was researching breeds and came across the Backyard Chickens website. I found myself coming back to the website more and more when I had questions about anything chicken related, but I couldn’t ask specific questions or reply to anyone because I wasn’t a member. So, I finally signed up today I think this site is an excellent resource for ideas and information/education!
news-farm-connie-byc-welcom.gif

tv-popcorn-farmer-connie-cl.gif

Back
Top Bottom