Newbie mom....questions.

RubyNala97

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 9, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY
You guys are going to get so sick of me! I'm a newbie and feel this great responsibility to get this right! So here goes:
Recieved shipped silkie eggs yesterday morning. Made it here in 24 hours & all eggs look great externally. I tried candling & honestly couldn't find the air cell. They were just laid, so I'm thinking I'll give it a couple days & candle again. I know that most likely they have detached air cells. I left them upright to settle outside the incubator for 12 hours. Incubator was reading 99.5. Put them in last night at 9:30pm. Checked at 3:00am and incubator read 100.5! So I manually lowered it and at 7:30am it read 100. Or even 99.9. I tried lowering it again and its holding at 99.9-100. Is this okay?? Also not planning on turning eggs for 3 days. They are in cartons with a whole cut out the bottom. Is that ok to not turn them for 3 days, even though I don't know the condition of the air cell? Any advice appreciated. Of course my real kids get sick the day we start incubation, off to the drs! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom