Newbie needs help identifying week old bantam chicks

LindaKatheryn

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 15, 2012
Central Ohio
Hi. I bought 6 bantam chicks at TSC the other day and have no clue about their breed. I'm in Central Ohio and I believe that my TSC is supplied by Mt. Healthy. Any help in figuring out which breeds I have would be greatly appreciated.

The first three pics are of the two largest chicks (they are about twice the size of the smallest chicks mentioned later). One is lighter than the other. They have different fur shapes on their heads. The lighter one's fur poofs up toward the back of its head and this doesn't seem to be the case with the slightly darker chicken. Both have feathered legs/toes.These chicks are a little yellower than the pics show.

These are the smallest two chicks. They appear to me to be the same breed.

The fifth chick (next 3 pics) looks somewhat different than the last chick (last 3 pics). The first one is darker than the other. They both have orange-ish beaks. They both have a reddish brown tint to their heads. The darkest chick has a black mark down the middle of his back with white on either side, whereas the last chick doesn't have distinct markings.

I hope this is enough info to get these babies identified. Thanks in advance for any help you can send my way.

Linda

Thank you so much for helping so quickly, leadwolf1...you just saved me hours of research on the web (not that I hadn't already spent hours before asking for help). My husband said to wait and see, but I couldn't stand the suspense :eek:

Linda

first group, silkies
second group, oegbs or dutch
third group golden laced sebrights
x2

Also, nice photography!
thumbsup.gif

Fist Group: White Silkies
Second Group: Black Breasted Red Old English Game Bantams
Third Group: Golden Laced Sebrights
Lucky you...you have a very good looking assortment...congrats :)

Back
Top Bottom