NEWBIE QUESTION...Is it ok to till up the coop?

Gretel12

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Louisville, KY
I have a fairly large coop 8' X 8' for a couple of Polish and I'm wondering if anyone else tills to mix up the earth and bring up new bugs and stuff? If you do, how often? I don't like them walking around in their poop all the time... Thanks!

I was actually thinking about doing the same thing, so I'll keep an eye out for the posts that follow. I have a Mantis Tiller that would be great in the pens and run...
lol.png

SAB

Wow, and I thought I was the only one....I go in daily to feed, and the sand tends to get hard once its been wet and we've had alot of rain lately...I grab a hoe, and I till the run...about every 2-3 days...reason for that often is...if the sand it pressed down then its hard, by doing this, it softens it up and they can do there dust baths, which they love...I do not wear a mask...if you click on my link: My beautiful babies you can see the run...its out and open...and large enough...it doesnt stink at all...Ive had them for one year in there...now if its rained and its very wet then I can smell the poop.

Even using DE in it...They go crazy when I do this!!! At times I have to becareful as they rush up and follow the hoe...almost hitting them on the head if not careful...

Back
Top Bottom