newbie saying hello and thanks

wanderbugs

Hatching
8 Years
May 11, 2011
Thanks! Nice to wake up to a bunch of new responses to my first query about our chick's dodgy wings! This is a great place for info and support- I'm loving our journey into chicken keeping so far
smile.png

I should probably introduce myself a bit more. We are a family of four humans. A Canadian and a Scot, with two wee boys, 4 and 2. We recently moved to Belgium from Canada and so far have added just 8 chicks and a baby rat to our family. Our cat went out a few weeks ago and didn't come back so I wouldn't be surprised if someone comes home with a kitten or puppy any day now
smile.png

We've been wanting chickens for a few years now. We're hoping the experience will be good and when we move back to Canada in a few years we'll find somewhere to live with a bit more land and a lot more chickens! We also grow veg, as best we can in a rental property, love the outdoors and spending time together.

I imagine I'll be on here often for info and periodically with questions. I have queries about chickens in the vegetable garden and curiosity about how others care for and house their flock. I'll be back.

Thanks again,
Siobhan

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Florida

I am glad your experience here has started on such a positive note. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about chickens. Once your questions have been answered you can head over to the Random Rambling section where you can see the silly side of BYC members.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom