Newbie Scot

Baneful

Hatching
Apr 20, 2015
Scotland, UK
Hello there! I'm Angela, I suppose the main thing I feel I should say is I don't have any chickens since I live in the middle of urban Glasgow in Scotland. I am hopefully moving to the US within a year or two however to be with my fiancée on a permanent basis! I am a huge fan of chickens and have done a ton of reading on them as well as talking one of my friends through all her forays into chicken rearing and getting to meet her flock when I visited. I'm doing a course at the moment on chicken behaviour and welfare and LOVE to draw creatures based on chickens and just chickens in general. When I move over I am going to be getting chickens of my own!

My favourite breeds by far are Silver-laced Polish and Mille fleur d'uccles. I cannot get enough of either of them. I've been a long term lurker of BYC and finally said whatever, I will bite the bullet and join so I can learn all that I can about these amazing birds before I eventually get my own. :)

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. :eek:) My wife and I visited Scotlane for our 37th wedding anniversary and loved your beautiful country. I've never had the Silver-Laced Polish, but I have had the Golden Polish and the Mille Fleur D"Uccles and they are both delightful breeds. I hope at some point soon you will be able to own some of your own chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Very nice to meet you Angela- I hope you will be able to fulfill your dream of having chickens once you move over here. So glad you joined the BYC flock
wee.gif

Wow, so gorgeous! I love white heavy millies! :D Really really pretty.

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I'm really happy to see so many millie owners in TN too, since that's where - all going well - I'll be moving to :D Down Knoxville end of the state. I'm glad there's a good sturdy breeder community.

Back
Top Bottom