Newbie to chickens!

LuvMyChiks

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 24, 2014
Well, I must say I never thought chickens could be so intriguing and addictive until a friend of mine took me around to her friend with a multitude of Polish, Silkies, bantams, and Favourelles. Think I've caught the bug! My first 2 darlings are bantam pullets (Matilda is a Bantam Cochin and Delilah is a lovely lemon Mille fleur coloring). Both darlings and now I am very intrigued by Araucanas and am currently reading up on all sorts of bits about them.

Can't wait to see pics of your chicks and learn all sorts of things about these sweet creatures!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

This is the place to be when you own poultry! People don't know just how fun chickens are to keep until you have a flock of your own. They each have their own personalities, are intelligent and many breeds love affection. My Black Australorps are huge on the lap sitting. Can't sit anywhere without a chicken on my lap!

Make yourself at home and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

I, too, am so amazed at how much I love our chickens! They are so funny and have personalities. I usually take an after dinner walk then let the girls (4) out to free range and decided I need to switch up my walk because they are turning in earlier! I was so disappointed the other night when I went out there and they were tucked in and NOT coming back out for me! Last night we had our free range time
love.gif

Julia62

That sounds like so much fun! I love the idea of an evening walk with the girls :)

Back
Top Bottom