Newbie to incubating

MRSDTHOMAS

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 18, 2014
Woods North of Gainesville
second batch o non descript free yard bird eggs day 19. got a pip and fast hatch late last nite n now have 6 pips but Ms.(hoping 4 girls) fast bird is kicking n running over all the eggs !! Is this a problem ? I can't put her in the brooder alone can I ? Yea up early they're incubating in my room !!
smile.png

Been awhile since you posted but you can leave the chick in there for awhile. I would wait at least until you had a few to put in the brooder together. It's best to see if they will all hatch before opening the incubator since you have other eggs pipped.

Well , I ended up putting her in alone because she rolled around all the eggs and killed one that rolled onto the

pip site !! I now have 14 hatched n 2 pipps , 1 dead, 2 infertile n n 5 IDKs out of 24 . my hatch date is 2 morro so I'm not worried ......yet. Everyone is eating and drinking and looking happy .
wee.gif

Left for a few hours n 1 pip is out other is dead. feel bad shouldnt have left . no sign from 5 unhatched yet but I hav a splay leggd chick from last nites hatch group , I made a hobble type thing and it wont get up gave sugar water just in case cause its stayin in incubator others were standing on it in brooder !! Any ideas ? how do we destroy them if needed ? How long should I give it ?

Back
Top Bottom