Newbie to posting in the BYC forums

Thank you all SOOO much for the warm welcome! :)

YES Blooie! YOU are the one that totally drew me in. :)
My little one is very high functioning, and the chickens were her idea (well, of course she heard that I did this one time before and I MIGHT have suggested that it could be a good idea to go along with what we're learning about life cycles, along with some gardening). When I saw your write up about your grandbabies and followed along with their progress, your total understanding of how the little things are really the HUGE things... my heart melted! I wish the grandmas over here could see a fraction of what you clearly do.

There were also a few chick threads I saw you on, as I was reading late into the night trying to determine what to do if the little one made it through the night. Thank you, for putting yourself and your story out there for others to see! It's inspiring, and fantastic for some disability awareness.

Should you be in need of any more grandkids, let us know! We'd love to adopt a grandma as understanding and kind as yourself! We do love the three we have though (2 grandmas and a step-grandma. My Dad and his wife have a good little farm going with chickens, a horse, and some Scottish Highlanders as well).

OK - I'm going to head over to check out these baking threads. Now, where do I put all my pictures? I'll have to step over in the chick section, and get comfy with the forums a bit more, and do something with the profile. ;) THANKS AGAIN ALL!

My little one is very high functioning, and the chickens were her idea (well, of course she heard that I did this one time before and I MIGHT have suggested that it could be a good idea to go along with what we're learning about life cycles, along with some gardening). When I saw your write up about your grandbabies and followed along with their progress, your total understanding of how the little things are really the HUGE things... my heart melted! I wish the grandmas over here could see a fraction of what you clearly do.

There were also a few chick threads I saw you on, as I was reading late into the night trying to determine what to do if the little one made it through the night. Thank you, for putting yourself and your story out there for others to see! It's inspiring, and fantastic for some disability awareness.

Should you be in need of any more grandkids, let us know! We'd love to adopt a grandma as understanding and kind as yourself! We do love the three we have though (2 grandmas and a step-grandma. My Dad and his wife have a good little farm going with chickens, a horse, and some Scottish Highlanders as well).

OK - I'm going to head over to check out these baking threads. Now, where do I put all my pictures? I'll have to step over in the chick section, and get comfy with the forums a bit more, and do something with the profile. ;) THANKS AGAIN ALL!
Oh oh. I "drew" you in? Now, that's flattering - at the moment. But when your eyes are bloodshot and your fingers numb from too many hours on BYC, and you suddenly realize that you could get those dishes done if only you'd done the laundry and washed the dishcloths and towels, then it will be more like I "dragged" you in! Either way, we're glad to have you, that's for sure!

I am so pleased that reading Kendra and Katiebug's stories was a help to you, if even in a very small way. Today 4 year old Kendra opened her bottle of apple juice by herself. Yeah, big deal, right? For some maybe, but for us those little successes will one day translate into a confident young lady who is willing do as much for herself as she possibly can. So yeah, I get it. I really do!

Sure I'll adopt your grandkids....the more the merrier! Don't be too hard on the ones they have - dealing with kids with disabilities exercises an entirely new part of our minds and I struggle every day to grasp the nuances. I miss a lot of them, but I'm getting better at picking them up. The only reason I can is because I am not only their Gramma, I am their part-time Mom, nurse, physical therapist, and cheering section at the same time. If they have love to give, and give it freely, they are winners, and your kids know it and respond to it!

We have a special page for those of us who have kids with some form of disability or special needs. It's not real active, but it doesn't have to be, as long as we know it's there.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/935165/raising-chickens-and-special-needs-kids

yes ma'am, that sure sounds like our Blooie.......so much a part of BYC .......and being the glue that helps bind many of us......who knew it was so powerful, that it attracts and makes new folks stick!!

glad to have you aboard, this crazy train ride.......

Back
Top Bottom