newbie ~ what breeds are these hens?

the white ones have me most confused as their legs are white - signalling sussex, but the other chickens we got from the same place are barred plymouth rock, and black rock... which is why i lean towards thinking that these white guys are columbian rock (= putting them in the rock family.... because of the chickens breeded there?)

the white ones have me most confused as their legs are white - signalling sussex, but the other chickens we got from the same place are barred plymouth rock, and black rock... which is why i lean towards thinking that these white guys are columbian rock (= putting them in the rock family.... because of the chickens breeded there?)
Can you ask the people you got them from? I'd say at this point light Sussex are probably more widely available than Colombian Rocks so I would guess you've got the Sussex no matter what other breeds were available from your sellers.

we also have 2 black ones which i'm pretty sure are black rocks -
Crosses, by definition, aren't breeds. MESSA sounds a lot like a brand name for production red.

thanks. yes, so a cross of a messa (but i guess the breed would be rhode island red). is that right?

Back
Top Bottom