Newbie who may be in BIG trouble!!

Quote:
Ignore the pack of goofballs!
lau.gif
Not much trouble probably. I'm not a Silkie fan, but they sure do seem to melt a lot of people!

welcome-byc.gif
Hope you survive the night with the evil Silkies...... I'm still trying to figure out where to attach the handle for getting cobwebs off the ceiling!
lol.png

Silkies poop fire. 9 out of 10 barn burnings are caused by silkies.

I hope that 16x16' coop is metal.

Last edited:
Poor OP hasn't been back. I think this was his very first post too! PC, you scared him, so just for that....TAKE THIS:

1208_june112010_021.jpg

I think PC is on to something. I put the Silkie chicks outside in a cage about 4 feet away from the other birds. Thankfully it wasn't any closer than that. Apparently, one of the Guineas angered the Silkies. Those little guys were all lined up like the soldiers in the Revolutionary War, butts toward the Guineas. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it. All of the sudden....whoosh. The rear ends of the Silkies looked like a pyrotechnics display!! Fortunately, being that they're so small, they didn't have the range to make it to the other pen. I have to say, for such an agressive breed, the Silkie isn't the smartest bird around. The last one to fire off his little flame thrower didn't account for the change in wind direction and singed his backside. Oh well, nothing a little burn balm won't fix. Other than that, they're as cute as speckled pups!!

Back
Top Bottom