Newbie with chickens and pekins

Sorry to hear about your duck. Could you answer a few additional questions?

How old is she? What is she being fed? Is there any swelling around her hocks, or warm spots? Could you post a video of her trying to walk? To post a video, upload it to a video platform like Youtube or Vimeo, and copy/paste the link here.

I agree, with Sourland. It would be best if you mover her into a soft padded, that prevents her from injuring her legs again. Regardless if the problem is related to a vitamin b deficiency, I would start supplementation since B vitamins are essential to healthy leg growth and structure. You can get some Cattle vitamin B complex, and give her 1ml over treats, or orally.
She is 6 months old, she eats Purina pellets for ducks, scratch, mealworms, peas, vitamin liquid placed in water, sprinkle pure brewers yeast on scratch for all seven ducks.
we inspected her leg and feet and i thought i felt heat from bottom pad but thenfriend came over said shefelt heat onthe right but that’s as i soaking her pads/legs in Espon salt water bucket yes i will try to upload video

Sorry to hear about your duck. Could you answer a few additional questions?

How old is she? What is she being fed? Is there any swelling around her hocks, or warm spots? Could you post a video of her trying to walk? To post a video, upload it to a video platform like Youtube or Vimeo, and copy/paste the link here.

I agreew, with Sourland. It would be best if you mover her into a soft padded, that prevents her from injuring her legs again. Regardless if the problem is related to a vitamin b deficiency, I would start supplementation since B vitamins are essential to healthy leg growth and structure. You can get some Cattle vitamin B complex, and give her 1ml over treats, or orally.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    722.3 KB · Views: 4
Just a few more questions, how long has she been doing this, did this occur suddenly, or over the course of a few days?
Over the course of few days and the last video i posted, she got onto the hay we have in garage where we took her for video and where i am going to keep her isolated in her own gage and he noticed her left eye had “foam” whit foam coming from the part of eye towards front of eye not sure why he wiped it off beige i could get a pic of it

If u notice as well in pic and last video, she keeps her back feathers aiming downwards as she stands and walks

Just a few more questions, how long has she been doing this, did this occur suddenly, or over the course of a few days?
Wondering if u were able to watch the videos i just made for her and boy that was a challenge to put myself out there on YouTube 🥴

Back
Top Bottom