Newbie with finished coop and finally some birds!!

jstalljon

Hatching
6 Years
Jun 11, 2013
Northern Indiana
We moved into our new property about 4 months ago, we are fortunate enough to have acreage and wanted to try our hand at chickens. I have a large pole barn and the northeast corner used to look like this...

I had a vision....and a plan! :)

So then construction began...

And construction continued

Access to the nesting boxes from outside the coop, a work bench and storage shelf

Paneling up, and electrical wiring / lighting completed

Let there be light!!!

The entire inside is lined in fiberglass skins so clean up and wipe down will be a breeze. Also helps draw in a lot of natural light

A pivoting roost to again aid in clean up.

A few more shots of the inside...pop door and ramp, nesting boxes with mats, and some alternate height roost poles

The outside run...not overly large, but again the intent is to be able to leave that exterior access door open and let them truly be 'free range'.

So we picked up some isa browns from an Amish neighbor, and it didn't take them long to get accustomed to their new surroundings!

Everybody is HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!!!

Thanks for looking and all the information on this great site! I'd appreciate any critiquing from any of the chicken veterans out there.

We moved into our new property about 4 months ago, we are fortunate enough to have acreage and wanted to try our hand at chickens. I have a large pole barn and the northeast corner used to look like this... I had a vision....and a plan! :) So then construction began... And construction continued Access to the nesting boxes from outside the coop, a work bench and storage shelf Paneling up, and electrical wiring / lighting completed Let there be light!!! The entire inside is lined in fiberglass skins so clean up and wipe down will be a breeze. Also helps draw in a lot of natural light A pivoting roost to again aid in clean up. A few more shots of the inside...pop door and ramp, nesting boxes with mats, and some alternate height roost poles The outside run...not overly large, but again the intent is to be able to leave that exterior access door open and let them truly be 'free range'. So we picked up some isa browns from an Amish neighbor, and it didn't take them long to get accustomed to their new surroundings! Everybody is HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!!! Thanks for looking and all the information on this great site! I'd appreciate any critiquing from any of the chicken veterans out there.
Awesome!,

Wow, nice job!

I'm building a pole barn coop with an outside run as well but mine's not half so awesome. The fiberglass walls are genius. Also I'm stealing that pivoting roost idea. :)

So Jealous!!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom