Newbie with question about light for hens

Cluckminster Fuller

Songster
13 Years
Oct 16, 2010
I just posted a question on a forum that was already open about how much light my hens need. They are in a coop with a window until about 11 AM, then back from the run about 7.30 PM right now, but when the time changes, they'll get less natural light. They are 5 months old and not laying yet. 2 RIRs, 1 Easter Egg, 2 Dominques. 1 EE rooster.

I'd like to help them start laying even though I had to buy hatchlings late in the season.

I live in North GA, on a mountain, and in addition to the 6 chickens, have a dog and 5 cats and a husband and I'm still involved in caring for my 91 year old mother, although
she no longer lives in the house.

Pleased to meet you all.

Hi, and
welcome-byc.gif
. Sorry I don't have any advice for you about lighting. I don't have chicks, yet, but from what I've read here, many don't light the coop except for human convenience and just let nature take it's course. There's lots of threads out there if you search Coop Lighting.

Cluck, Welcome from Eastern Wa. I havnt put extra lighting in our coop yet, I hear you want them to have 12-14 hrs of light though.

Back
Top Bottom