boosel1

Hatching
Dec 6, 2015
Ten Mile, TN
My name is Traci and I've wanted to own chickens for awhile. I watched a friend of mine set her coop up and am finally ready to begin the research for our own. She recommended your site and one of the first posts I saw was from someone from my town. I am excited because I wasn't sure of the laws in my area and hopefully this is a positive sign that it can be done.

Welcome to BYC, Traci. Glad you decided to join our flock. I would suggest checking with your city hall about your local laws or ordinances regarding chickens. Someone there should be able to answer your questions. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Hi Traci, and welcome to BYC - great to have you join us. Good luck with everything!!
CT

Thanks! I moved here in September of this year and am still figuring out where everything is. I have a lot of research to do.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
glad you have joined us.

Good luck with your planning and obtaining your own flock.

Hi Traci, glad you joined us at Backyard Chickens. It's best to find out officially if you can have them on your property. There are times people have "stealth" chickens hoping to stay below radar. Sooner or later someone will lodge a complaint - just because they can.

Back
Top Bottom