Ro-Ro

Chirping
Dec 7, 2015
Florida
Hello, To all the chicken lovers out there. Newbie here. My family and I recently brought home 2, 9 week old Barred Rock chicks. They are so sweet. Not our first time having backyard chickens. We had 2 adorable babies 5 yrs ago. They live in Pa with a friend of ours. We get updates about them. Now we live in Fl now. We are building a chicken coop from skids that we get for free from my Hubby's job. Saves us tons of money. We are almost done by the way. These sweet girls chicks are named Piper and Dixie Chic. My hubby loves holding them. My daughter's are excited to play with them to. I am looking forward to them laying their first eggs in a few months. Hope everyone has a Fantastic dsy.

[COLOR=333333]:welcome [/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]Hope you continue to have a wonderful time here! We're glad to have you join us![/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]Cute chicks!![/COLOR]
Thank you. I have been playing with these chicks all day. Lol Hope to share pics of my chicks as they grow and experience life in our back yard.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Given the size of the comb and the broadness of the white bands on it, I'm thinking your Barred Rock chick in the bottom pic is likely a boy. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom