samihero

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 13, 2014
Hi

I've been "stalking" on the site for about 6 months since we started with our 4 chicks. Unfortunately one them turned out to be a rooster and our suburban NJ town doesn't allow them. So he got to retire upstate at a farm.

Sami

Hi :welcome Glad you joined the flock. Unfortunately that's all part of raising chicks having Roos in them. Glad you have found somewhere nice for him on a farm. Be sure to ask lots of questions everyone very friendly and informative :frow

It was sad to see him go. He was not only good looking but also chased the squirrels in the yard ;-)

Good predator control then!! I have sold two of my polish Roos and was very sad to see them go. I'm quite lucky as we live in country side and have no laws on keeping them so have been able to keep two others for my two new breeding groups. My favourite bird in my flock is roo he called Poppet ( i know not vey manly) but he so friendly loves being with you even goes to sleep on your knee.

Last edited:
Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Sorry you had to rehome your rooster. Enjoy the rest of your flock and welcome to ours!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Sorry one of your chickens turned out to be a rooster. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chickens do you have?

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

I'm sorry to hear about the rooster rehoming!

Back
Top Bottom