Ohtobedone

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 18, 2014
I'm new to raising chickens. Got my first coop in April. My chicks didn't arrive until June! That won't happen again. I've learned about ordering early.

I live with my husband, 5 dogs and 2 cats and a cockatiel. I have wanted silkie chicken since I was a little girl and saw them on a hobby farm. I now have a blue silkie hen with a white silkie roo. I have acouple of easter eggers, golden comets, black austratorps and barred plymouth rocks. One of my easter eggers turned out to be a rooster so I am rehoming him.

Other hobbys I have are gardening and for 25yrs I've been doing stained-glass. Now chickens take up alot of my time:)
I 'm purchasing a bigger coop in the spring. More chickens, can't wait!!
wee.gif

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I've had all of your breeds at one time or another over the past 50 years, and you have a really nice mixed flock. Golden Comet is one of a number of names under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links, and they are egg laying machines. Black Australorps are my favorite, standard breed; extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children, and now my granddaughter, made lap pets of ours), and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. Our Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorites. She loves their colored eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock. Silkies are very popular, there are several silkie threads on BYC - I think the best one is simply "Silkie thread," just put that in the search pop and it should pop up. The other threads are mostly by color ie., "Only partridge silkies," 'Buff silkies,, etc. also a thread on bathing and grooming your silkie for show."

Back
Top Bottom