*NEWBIE*

saru55

Hatching
Apr 30, 2015
I like to do my research before getting into anything. My wife has wanted chickens ever since we moved to our house 1 year ago...we now live on 1.25 acres so plenty of room for chickens and other farm animals. Very excited to learn more about these awesome animals!

Welcome to BYC Any idea what breeds you want? Have you visited our Learning Center? It's a great place to start a chicken education.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I'm sure once you have done your research you will want to move forward with your plans to keep chickens. It's a great hobby that brings a lot joy your life and the chicken TV is fantastic. I love sitting out with mine and watching them go about their chicken business. Here is a nice article all about picking the right breed https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/how-to-pick-the-right-chicken-breeds-for-you
Certainly check out the learning centre as drumstick said lots of info on getting started https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Good luck with your research, be sure to ask any questions everyone here to help and very friendly.
Enjoy BYC :frow

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Chickens are so interesting and fun to watch, a lot of people just starting out are surprised by how much they enjoy them (I know I was). Take some time to get the right breed for you and your environment, build a coop that is predator proof, invest in healthy birds...these are a few of the things that will make owning birds enjoyable.

Good luck to you and if you have questions, feel free to ask. There are a lot of friendly and knowledgeable members here to help.

Thanks for joining us!

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you decided to join us.

Good luck with your research and hope you do decide to get your own flock.

Do explore the Learning Center and Forums, there is so much helpful info on this site.

Feel free to ask questions, we're here to help.

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our community!

I'd definitely check out the Learning Center, which some other members linked to. Also, if you have any questions, just ask! We'll be happy to help.

Thanks everyone for all your feedback. I will definitely take advantage of the learning center

Back
Top Bottom