Newborn Serama WONT SHUT UP

Laney3535

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 22, 2014
Oregon
Okay so I order some eggs. I got 18, 7 seramas, and 11 silkies. All but one Serama didn't even develop, and only 5 silkies started to develop. (Not including the twins that started but one died day 3 and other day 7). Anyways. It's day 20 and the lone Serama hatched. Only one silkie has pipped (that I can see). The Serama immediately started screaming as soon as she kicked out of her egg. Will not shut up unless she looks up and sees me looking though the glass. Then she stands up tall and leans back to sees me and falls over. Sooo cute! But I can't risk the integrity of the other eggs to get her out right now. She's really full of energy hopping all over the place. Pecking on the other eggs. She's so tiny but so loud! What do I do? Just sit on my hands and let her be? I feel bad haha

Oh gosh I hope so! I'm on the other side of the house in my bedroom with the door closed and I can still hear her!!!! Operculum the pipped Silkie will hatch soon haha. Now I don't even know which ones are pipped because the serama moved everyone around

Okay so I order some eggs. I got 18, 7 seramas, and 11 silkies. All but one Serama didn't even develop, and only 5 silkies started to develop. (Not including the twins that started but one died day 3 and other day 7). Anyways. It's day 20 and the lone Serama hatched. Only one silkie has pipped (that I can see). The Serama immediately started screaming as soon as she kicked out of her egg. Will not shut up unless she looks up and sees me looking though the glass. Then she stands up tall and leans back to sees me and falls over. Sooo cute! But I can't risk the integrity of the other eggs to get her out right now. She's really full of energy hopping all over the place. Pecking on the other eggs. She's so tiny but so loud! What do I do? Just sit on my hands and let her be? I feel bad haha
Tails like yours are frequently heard when incubating eggs produced elsewhere. May I ask from how far away did you receive your eggs?

This is the answer I have looked for when asked by new chic keepers about our success with shipped eggs.

It doesn't mean that the seller is a crook or that the buyer is a poor incubator, it only shows some of the problems encountered with shipped eggs.

Tails like yours are frequently heard when incubating eggs produced elsewhere.  May I ask from how far away did you receive your eggs? 

This is the answer I have looked for when asked by new chic keepers about our success with shipped eggs. 

It doesn't mean that the seller is a crook or that the buyer is a poor incubator, it only shows some of the problems encountered with shipped eggs.

Just a state away! I know :) shipped eggs hatch rates go way down. I was just happy that the eggs weren't all destroyed! Last time I ordered eggs the mail guy curated the box and then threw it over the gate into rocks.... The box was marked and registered fragile. So I went through ups this time. We hate our mail man. I anticipated the low rates :)

I was just bummed when the twins died. Weird thing is, the egg was a single yolker....

Good, the serama has a friend. As long as no opens the incubator they might hatch. Although I read somewhere that after 24 hours the first one should go out. If you do need to take them out such as if they chirp too much I'd do it quickly so not too much humidity and temperature is lost.

Back
Top Bottom