Newby from Virginia!

ClearSkye

Chirping
Mar 29, 2016
Chesapeake VA
My Coop
My Coop
Hey folks :) Have talked the hubby into it, and gonna take the plunge this year.

Been reading enough here to see that the Wichita Cabin coop is what will work in our backyard here in Chesapeake VA for 3 lovely ladies (can have up to 6 hens here.. boo rules
D.gif
). Got the plans and the foundation is down, and getting the troops lined up to frame it up for me.

Looking for local pullets I think, and want them docile (cause I have a 9 year old and I'm a newb) and medium layers, but still researching that part. Any input welcome!

Cheers!
Skye

Hi and welcome to BYC - great to have you onboard with us. Sounds like you have things all planned, which is great. I think its a much better idea to get pullets rather than day old chicks - the learning curve is not as steep, you don't have to explain chicks dying to your 9 year old and you get egg faster.

After 20 posts you can join the buy/sell/trade forum - no reason not to have a look around to see what kind of things are on offer.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - just type the name of your state in the search box.

All the best
CT

Welcome! I am your neighbor, I live in Moyock, nc. I hatched out Cochin bantams, they are 4 weeks old, they are so friendly. I also hatched out Indian runners, they are scared of everything, they are not the cuddling type.

Back
Top Bottom