1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Newby here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Luke1989, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Luke1989

Luke1989 New Egg

Jan 4, 2016
    Hi everybody ,

I'm new here kidda anyway Ive used the website on numerous occasions for great advise for our chickens but only signed up today to be a member ...wooohooo so just wanted to say hi and thank you for having us , we have 4 chickens that weve owned for nearly a year now we got them at 4-6 weeks old and weve loved having them and were looking forward to many more years with them our nearly 2 year old son (11 January ) loves getting up in the morning and wandering outside to take a look in the nest boxes and collecting the eggs.[​IMG]

2. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi there and a warm welcome to byc - glad that you have joined us. It's a great hobby and helps children with responsibility and the joy of keeping animals. its great that your son is involved - regardless of how young he is - he will undoubtedly remember his experience for life.

All the best
    Ct

3. 1coop2coop

1coop2coop Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2016
    North Alabama
    Welcome, I'm a new member but have been reading around here for almost 6 months now. I have found it the best place for info "."
    I started with chickens last July, my oldest 5 hens just started laying at 6month old. And I have my first batch of eggs in a homemade incubator.[​IMG] second night they got to 106 on a secondary thermometer. I will candle in a week to see if they are still growing.

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    @Luke1989 [​IMG]

How nice your son is already involved with the chickens! Chickens and kids just seem to go together.

If you haven't done so yet, check out the Learning Center, it has a lot of very good articles in it on all sorts of poultry topics:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Thanks for joining us!

5. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG] to you too!

If you have questions about incubating, this forum is a good place to turn:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs

Good luck!

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens - glad you joined the flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by