Anotherday@thefunnyfarm

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 8, 2009
Tallahassee
Hi!
big_smile.png
I'm Rosemarie from Tallahassee -

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We are really NEW to the chicken world

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
18 - way more than I wanted
the whole thing started w/a trip to the tractor supply store - my son had been begging for chickens for awhile and I was warming up to the idea - so I asked the sales person (there were about 4 standing around) when/where and how much the chickens would be - they didn't have any at the moment - but would in a couple weeks - then she added that I would have to purchase 6 chics @ a time - I was a little floored because that was NOT in my plan - so I replied to her - but I only want 2! - well, we only sell them in sets of 6 - but I only have names for 2! At this point my husband and kid are dying laughing and the salespeople are looking at me like i've turned green and started speaking in martian - needless to say we did NOT buy our chickens from them.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Not quite sure - I honestly can't remember what the lady said they were! They have feathers on their feet though -

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Internet - its a wonderful place! I've learned so much from the forums and check the site several times a day to see the new posts.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Sewing, quilting, painting & home improvements

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We're very new to the urban gardening trend - most of our projects were because of our son (14) - he wanted to try gardening - his dad and I ended up doing most of the work (LOL) - he wanted chickens - we now have 18 - but I have to say he's done FANTASTIC with them (feeding, watering, playing with them). I told him they were all his - he wants to start selling the eggs when they get older (after mom gets her share!).

We live on about an acre, have 1 dog (jack russell - 7 yrs old)

You're not too terribly far from me. I'm in Mobile and pass through Tallahassee a couple of times a year going to south Florida. I keep saying I'm going to spend a weekend in Tally one of these days. It's a beautiful city!

Welcome Rosemarie! Wow when you decide to do something you do it well
lol.png
I visited your page and it is hard to believe you are a first time gardener and coop builder. Awesome!

Thank you! We're rather proud of ourselves. It's been ALOT of work (and mostly HOT - I've got to remember to BUILD in the WINTER - not summer in Florida!) but it's been SO worth it!

I have family that lives in Mobile (cool town) - and used to live just down from you (Pensacola for 7+ years).

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
from WI. (used to live in Tampa, FL for 16 yrs). Reading your post made me almost spit out my coffee-I was laughing so hard.....Good job though, enjoy the gardening, chickening and your other projects....And I think it is a legitimate concern with the names.
wee.gif
Love the screenname

Back
Top Bottom