Newby's new coop

OB OBrien

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 5, 2015
Near Pensacola, Fl
Here it is ready for paint. The coop is 3 by 6 and the run is 6 by 9. You can see OPA's roll out egg nest. I modified his 2 nest plans to a 3 nest installation. There is a full length raise up lid for access to clean everything inside. Note the raccoon proof hasps on the lid, drawer, nest box and gate.

Here's the inside showing the ramp up to the roost and the opened poop drawer (3 by 6)

Here's the view of the nest boxes, ramp and a short roost.
I will be adding a landing pad/step in front of the nest boxes that will also fold up to close up the nests.

So there it is. I still have to add the automatic door, sand and PDZ mix, automatic waterer, treadle feeder and chickens. I would appreciate all your comments and opinions.
I want to say thanks for all the ideas I have got from this BYC forum.
Thanks everyone.
OB
Near Pensacola, Fl.

Last edited:
It looks great! Is the upper unpainted wood removable for more ventilation? That would be my only concern/suggestion given that you're in FL.

And I highly recommend the Chicken Fountain waterer. I installed mine last week. Just love it.

thumbsup.gif

welcome-byc.gif

Inside the house ? its open through to the bottom around the edges of the poop drawer with a 2 inch gap all around. Then the top is open all the way to the tin. There is also a 2 inch gap between the sides and the tin. So I think there will be adequate ventilation. I am also planning on putting in some windows that can be opened or shut.

OK on the waterer. I have bought the automatic watering nipples. Will put them on a PVC pipe out in the pen. May add a rain gutter to collect rain water to supply the automatic waterer.

My neighbors are calling it my Taz-ma-hall ?

Last edited:
Inside the house ? its open through to the bottom around the edges of the poop drawer with a 2 inch gap all around. Then the top is open all the way to the tin. There is also a 2 inch gap between the sides and the tin. So I think there will be adequate ventilation. I am also planning on putting in some windows that can be opened or shut.

OK on the waterer. I have bought the automatic watering nipples. Will put them on a PVC pipe out in the pen. May add a rain gutter to collect rain water to supply the automatic waterer.

My neighbors are calling it my Taz-ma-hall ?

Sounds like you're good to go! What kind of chickens are you putting in there?

Back
Top Bottom