Newest Chick Pictures!

OMG, so cute!!!!
smile.png
They're adorable!!
smile.png

Thanks!

I'm not sure about the comb on the 'verrry sleepy' one, I'll have to look at it a little closer!

I thought I had read somewhere that if they have black going down the legs, then they are barred rock(?), or maybe I'm confusing posts.
idunno.gif

I'm glad to hear that I 'still' have RIR! I was hoping for a couple of those.

And from what I've read, they aren't EEs because their legs are yellow... but who knows! I guess I'll find out in another 20 weeks when they start laying!
clap.gif

big_smile.png
Yep - your RIR looks just like mine did, I was also very confused thinking the feathers would come out that reddish brown! Mine had little white specks on their feathers as they got bigger, they still have a few - mine are going on 7 weeks now.

Yep black legs are barreds.. and depending on how white the spot on their heads and how black their legs are the more likely their girls... I think it was the lighter(?) their spot and the blacker their legs... than they should be girls! I could be wrong...

I posted my 2 week old pics today here First Month pics.

Some of them look close to what I have, so have fun comparing.
smile.png

Oh be sure to ignore the red dye on the black australorps, the green on the golden-sex-links and the purple/pink on the delaware.

Last edited:
I just received my chicks this week. They look alot like some of mine. I ordered Ameracaunas-Easter Eggers-the brown colored ones, Delawares-the yellow ones, barred rocks-the black ones with the white on their heads. I also have a couple of Jersey Black Giants and Golden Buffs(they are the buff colored with the stripes). I will have to go look at my barred's legs to see what color they are. Good luck and I hope this helps some!
smile.png
day3babychicks028.jpg

Back
Top Bottom